On August 15, 1944, Dr. Harold Reader closed his work with the church and the Rev. Robert J. White of Marion, Indiana was called as Pastor. Rev. White began his ministry with the church September, 1944.
During White’s tenure, debts were paid, a parsonage was provided, and significant improvements were made to the church facilities. White was faithful to the larger Baptist denominations and regularly attended annual meetings across the nation. White’s time with the church ended with his unhappy dismissal in January, 1956.